What will you do this new years eve ?
Why not try the Woodford Folk Festival ?
It’s hard to believe that the Woodford Folk Festival is celebrating 30 years ! For those of you
who have not heard of it before here’s a quick rundown .
Held annually over 6 days and 6 nights from December 27th through to January 1st . Over 2000 performers , 438 events , there will be plenty for you to do from concerts , film festival , acoustic jams , street performance , craft workshops , an entire childrens festival and much much more . AND to make it even BETTER you CAN CAMP there in the beautiful tree filled campgrounds . The festival streets are lined with restaurants , cafes , bars and parades .
The festival is held on a 500-acre parkland located on the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, on Jinibara Country, which is just over 1 hour north of Brisbane.
Improvements and Facilities
Since 1994 the QFF has been investing in the land and developing it into a festival site. To date, in excess of $14M has been invested in site facilities. The major achievements include:
- 57 Amenity Blocks
- Onsite Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Onsite Water Filtration Plant
- Administration Offices
- Visual Arts Studio
- 55km’s of all-weather roads
- 25,000 capacity amphitheatre
- Major electrical infrastructure including transformers, 156 power poles and more than 10km’s of aerial power lines
- Pathways and pedestrian bridges
- 100,000 trees, understory, sedges and orchards
These guy’s have got it together , available from December 1st is the Woodford App !
Enhance your Woodford experience for less than the price of a cup of chai or a Byron Bay doughnut.
- Never miss a favourite show again with the new notifications feature
- Plan your “My Programme” festival experience with the 3 different highlighters, and then share it with your friends online
- Browse the programme in ways that make it possible to get a real view of the nearly 2000 different acts available over the 6 days :
- view what’s on based on each venue
- view all the shows of each particular artist
- entire-festival-day overview with pinch & zoom
- shake your phone to pick a random act that is about to start
- The interactive map lets you mark your campsite and this year also includes the experimental feature, “Woodford Friends”, which lets you see where your friends and family are, directly on the map
- Watch and join the social feed of all things Woodford
All this and more, designed and woven-together to make your Woodford experience just a little bit more magical.
Click HERE to go to the download page.
Oh and one more thing , if you would like to become a volunteer at the festival please click HERE